The following is pretty much the final timetable for the event. Timings though are still subject to change during the weekend.
Friday, March 11th
This is when it all kicks off. Lots of ideas flying around, and anything is possible!
- 5:30 pm – Doors open
- 6:00 pm – Event officially begins. Networking time. (Delicious finger buffet & beverages served)
- 6:30 pm – Official kick-off and welcome
- 6:40 pm – Key note speaker: Dr Shailendra Vyakarnam (CfEL)
- 7:00 pm – Key note speaker: Prof Alan Barrell (Health Enterprise East Ltd.)
- 7:20 pm - Intro to pitches, voting and team formation
- 7:45 pm – Pitches start (Pitches are 90-seconds each. Pitch your best idea first, because you may not have a chance for second or third pitches)
- 9:00 pm – Pitches conclude
- 9:00 pm – Voting on projects. More time for networking (and eating). Some teams begin to self-form
- 9:30 pm – Voting Results & Team Formation.
- 10:00 pm – Teams solidify (Even if your team didn’t win, a bunch of people can still decide to go for it)
- 11:00 pm – End of the day. Go to sleep, or continue the discussion or begin work
Saturday, March 12th
This day is all about building, developing, designing, writing, creating, etc.
- 8:30 am – ONLY FOR ST JOHNS SLEEPOVER FOLK – Breakfast is served.
- 9:15 – 10:00 am – Mentors arrive & Mentor Pep-Talk
- 10:00 – 10:30 am – Mentor introductions (1 min each)
- 10:30 am - By now, teams should have prototype(s) on paper, decided on a working title, and created technical plans. Start getting servers live, buying domains, creating user flows, etc.
- 10:30 am – 6:00pm – Mentors available for booking (20 min slots)
- 12:30 pm – Key note speaker: Billy Boyle (Owlstone)
- 1:00 pm – Lunch
- 1:30 pm – More coding, business plan development
- 6:30 pm – Dinner
- …Work through the night
Sunday, March 13th
FOCUS is the objective for today. The teams will need to concentrate their effort on finalising their project demo / presentation.
- 9:00 am – ONLY FOR ST JOHNS SLEEPOVER FOLK -Breakfast
- 10:00 am - Teams should have a live splash page up with an email capture and a simple blog
- 1:00 pm – Lunch
- 4:00 pm – Each team carries out tech check of their presentation
- 5:00 pm – Key note speaker: Jamie Urquhart (Pond Ventures)
- 5:20 pm – 8:00 pm Final presentations by all teams (NOTE 1)
- 8:00 pm – 8:30 pm – Panel votes. Free networking
- 8:30 pm – Awards Ceremony. Hot Buffet Dinner will be served after the event for those that want to stay and socialize.
NOTE 1 – We will ask you to present your company and your idea to a panel of judges. You have 3 minutes to show that your company is the best, and how you will eventually take the world by storm with your idea and product. You will then have approx 4 minutes for questions from the floor.